Evgenii Lendon Collection of Photographs of Lvov.

Title: Evgenii Lendon Collection
Inclusive Dates: 1890s-1930s, 1987-1991, 1994
ID: RG 1853
expand icon Abstract
This collection contains 147 photographs of the city of L’viv, Ukraine (formerly Lemberg, Austria-Hungary; Lwów, Poland; L’vov, Russia). The photographs were taken by an unknown photographer(s) at various times during the period ca. 1890 through the 1930s. Three photographs are from the post-1945 years. The majority of the photographs were developed from glass negatives between 1987 and 1991. These negatives came to the attention of Evgenii Lendon in the 1980s, and Lendon preserved the images by making large, exhibition-quality prints from the negatives.
expand icon Biographical/Historical
Evgenii Lendon was a museum supervisor and photographer at the National Museum of L'viv (formerly the Lenin Museum). Mr. Lendon immigrated to the United States in 1992, where he now resides.
expand icon Subjects (links to similar collections)
expand icon Administrative Information
Restrictions: For  information about access to this collection,  contact: Chief Archivist , YIVO Institute for Jewish Research,  15 West 16th Street, New York, NY, 10011 email: archives@yivo.cjh.org

The images, documents, film footage, audio materials, and texts displayed in any portion of this web site may be copyrighted. Permission to use this web site is given on condition that the user agrees to follow U.S. copyright laws. The user agrees that she or he assumes liability for any copyright violations resulting from unauthorized use of items appearing on this web site and to hold YIVO harmless from any action involving copyright infringement. It is the responsibility of the user to carry out a due diligence search under U.S. c opyright laws to determine the copyright status of items displayed on this web site.

The materials on this web site may be used for personal, research and educational purposes only. Publication (including posting on the Internet and online exhibitions) or any other use without prior authorization is prohibited. To request permission for use of these materials, please apply in writing to: YIVO Archives, YIVO Institute for Jewish Research, 15 West 16th Street, New York, NY 10011, archives@yivo.cjh.org.

Restrictions: The collection is open by appointment with the Chief Archivist. Researchers should write to the Chief Archivist at archives@yivo.cjh.org to request an appointment.

Acquisition Note: The collection was given to the YIVO Archives in 2007 by Fay and Julian Bussgang of Lexington, MA.
Preferred Citation: Published citations should take the following form:Identification of item, date (if known); YIVO Archives; Evgenii Lendon Collection; RG 1853; folder number.

Archive powered by Archon Version 3.14
Copyright © 2011 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign